Good to Great: Advanced Communication Skills
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw
You have made it this far in life talking and writing and listening, and maybe making presentations. You think you are pretty adept, if not down right better than average at communicating, but it is what you don’t know that might be the obstacle to taking you from good to great!
This course will move your communication skills up a notch or two or three. You will:
- Learn how to communicate more positively. Responding, “No problem” when asked how you are is not positive communication
- Examine how well you actually express yourself and make some simple changes as an outcome
- We learn our ability to listen as we age, get the art of listening back, NOW
- We communicate in different modalities, learn what they are and how to use them more effectively to your advantage
- Change limiting belief statements and thoughts into empowering ones for those you work and play with and for your own self esteem
- Are you sick and tired of how hard it is to get through to government officials? or are you challenged by the unresponsiveness of government officials? Replace low energy words with high energy words to lift you up rather than drag you down
- Learn to apply a simple WIN formula in sensitive conflict management scenarios
- How you articulate your speech, your pitch and tone all send strong messages to your listeners, learn to use your voice to your advantage
- You don’t get paid to be a public speaker more than likely, but you do have to make presentations. You will fine tune your presentation skills with confidence and ease.
Why Can’t You Be More Like Me? (based on MBTI)
This introspective and disclosing workshop guarantees a plethora of AH HA’s when you learn how your communication and behavioural styles complement or conflict with those you work, and play, with. Identify your preferences and those of others and how to improve productivity, lessen absenteeism, build a happy and cohesive work environment and feel really good about it at the same time.
Assessing and Improving Your Communication Style Using the MBTI
Whether one on one, as part of a work team or in a group, the MBTI® is one of the most preferred psychological instruments for measuring personality preference.
The MBTI® results measure four dichotomies: Extroversion & Introversion (E&I); Sensing & Intuition (S&N); Thinking & Feeling (T&F); Judgment & Perception (J&P). By knowing what your preferences are and understanding how the others work, you can:
improve communication dramatically build and maintain healthy and happy relationships reduce stress and negativity in your work and personal life increase sales, productivity and problem solving
For those of you who are familiar with the Myers Briggs and would like to take it a step further, to really understand the difference between preference types, and the differences between same type individuals, try the MBTI® II .
The MBTI® II looks at 20 sub-components that clearly identify why similar preferences differ within their own typology. Not all Extroverts behave the same, why is that? There are differences of preference within each functional area.
The MBTI® is enlightening, educational, fun, revealing and life changing.
Stand Up and Wow Someone (presentation skills)
This highly interactive session teaches you how to prepare for presentations in the board room or on the shop floor to make a positive lasting impact on your audience. Learn script development, how to keep the audience attentive and how to create and deliver power phrases at the beginning and end of your talk.